Sunday, July 6, 2008

Lifehack releasing soon, intenationl student stuff, and chaos, chaos.

Well, Lifehack, (2nd edition/revision of AZU-1:Lifehack) is finalized. It has an isbn code now, and a copy is headed my way for me to look over and approve before it officially can go up for sale on the interweb. Shortly after I approve it, I'll be setting up the hardcover version as well. I won't be ordering a huge stack of books this time, since I don't think too many people will feel the need to buy a slightly updated version of a book they bought 2 years ago- soon I'll be asking about 'pre-orders', so I can order an appropriate number of copies for the local crowd, and save us all a lot of shipping charges. Anyway, more on the (still undecided) launch day as it draws closer.

The hardcover version WILL be available on the net, but it's not really the type of book that usually does hardcover. This version will be mainly for collector types... myself, a few members of my family, and Carrie Shannon, who's request for a hardcover version caused me to create a whole new revision in the first place.

Alas, Carrie's store, 'Heron's book store and coffee shop', is no more, largely due to an awkward location. Lots of regulars will miss it. I don't know where else I should loiter now!

That's not entirely true... beside the starbucks-wannabe store half a block form heron's, (ew, it's SO dull and cold) I actually do a lot of loitering at the local community centre now. Besides being the new HQ for the MeadowRidge Optimist Club, there's also a fun drop-in thing in the gym 2 days a week, where I can go with Caitlin, (who turned 1 since the last blog post) and play on big toys, and meet other little ones.

The optimist club had a big showing on Pitt Meadows Day, and we were in the parade as well. So was Caitlin, strapped into my lap as we wheeled the route.

Frig, there's so much I could write about. 'Ping' left for China, maybe to return for a short time when she comes back to the area and looks for a place to stay closer to university. 'Radar' will be back for her grade 12 after spending the summer in Korea. 'Asuka' (from germany) is visiting with us right now for 3 weeks, which is awesome. She's the 2nd student to come back just to visit, (the first being Rei from Japan) suggesting that we're not jerks. In the summer, we will also be hosting two 10-year-old korean girls for a month, which is going to be a new experience for us, hosting for students so young. We had planned to do that last year, but ended up with the teachers, 'Snoopy', and ... oh, I forget the other one's code-name... then in september, we will be getting an all-new german student, as well as Radar coming back, as I mentioned.

Bah, so much to write about.. this is what I get for neglecting my blog for 2 friggin months. I should do separate entries for Caitlin's birthday, the new little assistants I have for taking care of her, my becoming the new 'primary caregiver', shine more of a spotlight on Optimist stuff... so much stuff going on.. now that I have a 'bonus' 3 hours of 'free time' 4 times a week, I might get more regular with blog posting... so much to do, so much to do...

No comments: