Monday, June 25, 2007

Wasn't worth the parking space

If you exclude "Lucy Didn't Get It", then "Wasn't worth the parking space" will be my only planned non-fiction. I have a chunk of the first draft down, just as the whim hits me.

Primarily it's about my life as a paraplegic, which started in 2001 when I was injured. Whoops, was that a spoiler?

Anyway, when I started AZU-1:Lifehack, I'd start a conversation about it like "yeah, I've got a book coming out soon," And I could almost hear them think, "Oh, this guy in the wheelchair's gonna write about being in a wheelchair, blah blah blah."

Ever so glad to be able to tell them it was a sci-fi about lesbians fighting zombies. Alright, I never pitched Lifehack like that, but still. It's fun to drop a bomb on people's expectations.

So finally I've relented. But it's going to be a humorous take on it all, as much as I can.

" Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility."
-James Thurber

But that can only be applied to a certain extent. It's not going to be all humor by any means. It's going to recount events through the lens of a smart@$$. Two entirely factual conflicts I've written about for it include me versus the 'demon ramp', and me versus the three evil elevators of GF Strong. Stuff like that comes out amusing if done right, I think.

Behold, the demon ramp:

If the book starts just before my injury, Where does the book end? Well, I'm not going to wait for stemcells to come cure me for an ending, so it will probably have something to do with my new baby girl...
There's Caitlin, glam'in it up. Today she's four weeks and one day old. Anyone interested can go see more about her at the lil site my wife's put up: Cailtin

For a telling of the plight of my life in a wheelchair that's slightly less factual, go ahead and watch the flash I made on the topic a few years back:

And now I've covered all my book projects..! What next.. Hmmm....

No comments: